Cheap as Chips Catalogue & Discounts
Cheap as Chips is a privately owned Australian discount variety store chain known for providing great deals on general merchandise. Part dime store and part dollar-store, the chain is very successful, with over 650 people who work for the company and 27 retail locations across South Australia and regional Victoria. Cheap as Chips first opened as a small variety store in 1983, located in Morphett Vale South Australia.
Cheap as Chips lives up to its name, providing customers with a diverse range of products sourced from both Australian manufacturers and direct imports. Direct importing has given Cheap as Chips it’s own distinct product mix and point of difference.
There’s always something new at Cheap as Chips
This tagline from the Cheap as Chips store says it all. Because the retail chain imports many goods exclusively, customers can find some of the cheapest deals on seasonal as well as everyday goods.
If you can’t find an item at Big W or Kmart, you’ll often find it at Cheap as Chips. School supplies, craft supplies, snacks for the whole family, food storage containers, jewellery and cosmetic organisers are all to be had a deep discount price. The store always has lots of stock and the staff is friendly. All you have to do is flag down a staff member if you need help, and when it’s time to leave, there’s usually more than one cashier available to pay through.
Like many variety stores, Cheap as Chips also features a lot of inexpensive and fun giftware items such as and nick-knacks. The food and toiletries sections can help shoppers save, too. In fact, if you want to pick up a bag of Pringles and don’t like the prices at Woolworths, then Cheap as Chips is the shopping spot for you. Most of the food items are much cheaper than buying from a grocery store, and there are plenty of “junk food” selections to choose from. For holidays, Cheap as Chip’s can’t be beat. The stores are well known for cheap Halloween decorations, arts and crafts for the whole family, and inexpensive chocolates for gifts during the Xmas season. Some of the best items you can get inexpensively at Cheap as Chips’ are in their pet supplies, auto supplies, gardening and craft supplies sections.
Cheap as Chips: A Variety Store with A Large Assortment of Offerings
Have you ever wondered, what, exactly, does a variety store offer? Cheap as Chips is a great retailer to save money on all sorts of everyday essentials, as well as items for special occasions. Of course, as a discount variety store, they can’t offer everything. You won’t find any big-ticket items such as televisions or computers, although you may find some discount software for your PC in a bin and the occasional DVD player or personal stereo on the cheap. Here’s what Cheap as Chips stocks in their stores, to give you more of an idea of what “variety” includes:
- Craft items. Included in this inventory are stickers, artificial flowers for table settings and arrangements, as well as all types of yarns, threads and haberdashery supplies. Glues of all types, beads and ornamental decorations are available for browsing, and of course, the retail chain carries all sorts of lace and ribbons.
- Furnishings and homewares. Easily assembled indoors furniture to help you save space are available at affordable prices, as well as organizing essentials such as baskets and bins. Australians love to spend their time outdoors when the weather’s halfway decent, and the Cheap as Chips store has all types of outdoor furniture offerings to make your outdoors get-togethers more comfortable. In need of some window coverings or floor mats? The retailer offers these essentials at a fraction of department store prices.
- Health and beauty supplies. While Cheap as Chips doesn’t offer upscale or luxury beauty brands, they often many brand names in the cosmetics industry, as well as hair care, nail care, and skincare supplies. Many items such as bandages, toothbrushes and toothpaste, and other personal care items are available at a fraction of the price you’d pay at the grocery store or Big W.
- Clothing and footwear. You’re not going to find high fashion at these prices, but you’re certain to get a bargain on socks, underwear or outerwear such as hats and vests for the winter season. T-shirts, bathrobe and housedresses are all available at bargain prices as well. Of special interest to families is the baby and children’s clothing, which is very affordable for families on a budget. For the summer months, there’s no other retailer that sells sandals and flip flops as inexpensive as Cheap as Chips.
- Giftware and party supplies. Why spend $4 on a card for a special occasion when you can spend the same price for a card, wrapping paper, and a bow to top off your gift? All prices on party supplies and decorations are at rock bottom prices. The giftware is all affordable and easy to navigate as well.
- Home entertainment and supplies. Cheap as Chips often has a variety of small electronics available, such as DVD players or personal stereos at inexpensive prices. The store is also a great place to stock up on batteries, DVDs, CDs and all matter of cables and wirings that you’ll need to create a home theatre or stereo system. Of course, all of this is available all at rock bottom prices.
- Food and confections. Lots of chocolates and candies are available at cheap prices, and you’ll find prices well below grocery store prices.
- Hardware and home improvement. If you need plant food, a pack of paintbrushes, work goggles or hundreds of other items, Cheap as Chips is the first stop to make. You’re bound to find everything you need for minor home improvement projects and gardening items at deeply discounted prices. Make a list for your next home project, and check the website to find out if it’s something they carry.
- Towels, storage containers, crockery and all manners of laundry, bathroom, bedroom and kitchen supplies are available at prices that you won’t find elsewhere.
Scout Out Deals Via the Cheap as Chips Catalogue or Website
Cheap as Chips has a savings catalogue that comes out every two weeks with great sales in all of their product range. The website itself is also an amazing tool for deal-shoppers. When using the website, you can search for specific items and even learn if the store you plan on visiting has the quantity of the products you need. This is especially useful if you’re searching for local deals shortly after the product catalogue has come out. Save yourself a trip to the store if they don’t have what you are looking for.
A recent article revealed that the Cheap as Chips website tracks inventory for over 14,000 product lines. It only makes sense to check the catalogue then use the website to find out if your local retailer has the products you’re interested in. You may also find an alternative to product lines you normally buy for twice the price.