I’ve always enjoyed port – even the cheapies are nice to sip after dinner, or refreshing mixed with soda over ice. I have a lovely bottle of $70 fortified merlot from my favourite winery that we have been easing our way through for a while now (I think we bought it about 4 years ago – the last couple of glasses are being saved for something special (I have no idea what though!).
We are yet to work our way through the range at Costco, although since its fairly small (at the moment) it shouldn’t be too long before we review it all for you. The only one we have reviewed a while ago was the California Orange Muscat (which was yummy), although I don’t believe that is currently in stock.
- De Bortoli Noble One Botrytis Semillon 375ml 2008 – $23.99 [price check: Dan Murphy’s – $27.30; First Choice Liquor – $29.00]
- Taylors Late Bottle Vintage Port 750ml 2007 – $16.79
- Taylors Quinta Vargellas Vintage Port 750ml 2001 – $42.99
- Morris of Rutherglen Liqueur Tokay 500ml – $14.89 [price check: Dan Murphy’s – $17.99]
- Morris of Rutherglen Liqueur Muscat 500ml – $14.89 [price check: Dan Murphy’s – $17.99]